Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chasing chevrons

I'm posting this from my phone (so forgive the lack of links), but I wanted to show off my completed top from Jennifer's Chasing Chevrons quilt along over at That Girl, That Quilt. I laid it all out on my king-sized bed (and floor) to decide on block placement, and little by little I got it all put together! I turned one block the "wrong" direction from the pattern, but that's not bad, considering. I plan to do a scrappy binding, and my smart mother suggested a dark color for the back, since it is for my nephew and she's already worried about the light front. I have a few leftover scraps and blocks that won't really go with the charcoal back as well, so maybe I'll throw the extras into a little doll/charity quilt. Now, I just have to figure out the quilting! I've recently enrolled in Angela Walters' Craftsy class and bought her book, plus I've been whipping out lots of charity quilt tops, so I think I'm finally going to really try to become proficient in free motion quilting. I might even take a vacation day to tackle it...I'm that excited!
(Sorry for the dark cell phone pictures...eventually I will get better about this!)

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I love chevrons and this pattern is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun quilt! Another that I wish someone would make for me...

    Oh and I tried the half-square-triangle method today and I loved it! I just drew the lines with a regular pencil and ruler 'cause I wanted really small ones and it was very precise. Now I have a stack of bitty-little pinwheels ready for another charity project- yay! Thanks for the demo last time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found the demo useful. I think drawing the lines with the pencil and ruler has become my preferred route over the stencils, too, because I like the precision of the thinner line. Can't wait to see your little pinwheels!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing what you think (indeed, it makes me want to blog more!), so please feel free to leave a comment. If you ask a question or want a reply, please be sure that you have enabled me to send you a message in your settings (i.e. that you are not a "no-reply" blogger - see http://kisskissquilt.blogspot.com/2011/06/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html).