Update: As of Sunday night, I had completed the top half of the quilt, and it looks fabulous! I made plentiful use of a new bottle of "Best Press" that I bought at Capital Quilts after the DC Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday - wow - where was that all my life?!? I have been using spray starch occasionally, but I'm extremely sensitive to scents (aka massively allergic to most scented things - scented candles = itchy, red, oozy, angry skin), so I was delighted to find an unscented starch alternative that isn't in an aerosol bottle.
Anyway, I did have to do some seam ripping (including the fact that I figured out I'd sewn 1 block incorrectly...you can just see it peaking from the bottom of this picture). Ah well - that's what seam rippers are for! But...I foresee the second half being a little easier, now that I'm getting a feel for it. And, in looking at this quilt all together, I think that there would actually be some easier ways to piece it. Cindy was right - it really doesn't look anything like the garden fence anymore...I was pretty surprised at how much making the inverse of the pattern changed the look. Good to know for the future!
So, when I have the whole top together, I'll be asking for your opinions on a new name!